Dearest readers and fellow comrades of the blogosphere,
A couple days ago, the lovely rathermundane nominated me for the Liebster Award, which I wholly accept, under the conditions it will either, a) bring me fame and glory, b) involve a monetary gratuity gift sent to me or my student loans provider, c) a coffee date with my nominator, or d) all of the above.
Now, considering at least one of those will happen, allow me to proceed with my acceptance of the award by using my acceptance checklist:
- Acknowledge by whom I was nominated. Check!
- Share (confess?) 11 facts about myself.
- Answer the 11 questions my nominator has asked of me.
- Nominate and notify up to 11 other bloggers (with a couple hundred followers or less in this case) for the Liebster Award.
- Write 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer should they accept the award.
Alright, time to disclose my 11 facts:
- Because I went to school near Chicago, probably 98% of my Christmas and birthday gifts during my early years in college were scarves.
- I chose the glasses I’m wearing now because the lady working at the eyeglass store told me I look “more approachable” with them compared to my previous pair of lens.
- Earl Gray is one of my favorite teas.
- Hummingbirds are really cool. That’s a fact. Or else I will become one of those bird ladies that feed pigeons in the park.
- I’m currently living in my upstairs neighbor’s place because our place is being renovated and the walls between my bedroom and kitchen have been knocked down.
- I’m allergic to peach fuzz, but only if they touch my lips.
- For a couple years I raised (and unintentionally bred) dozens of guppies that I took home from a high school science class.
- Food is good. However, if it’s in noodle form, it gets a gold star in my book. Also too, if there are nuts involved.
- I can speak Kospanglish (a mixture of Spanish, Korean, and English), but I’m a little rusty on the Spanish and Korean side.
- Even though I like painting, it takes a lot less money and effort to doodle in a small sketchbook so that’s what I do instead.
- One day I’m going to finish watching the Downton Abbey Series, which I’ve only watched up to the first episode of season 3 when it first aired in the US.
Next we have the questions rathermundane has given me to answer in truth and nothing but the truth:
- What is your earliest memory?
It’s a bit of a sad one but one of my earliest memories is of the Dad lying on the couch and crying. I think I remember it because I was so shocked when I realized grown-ups could get hurt emotionally.
- Do prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Summer sunsets and winter sunrises.
- Favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas. Because Jesus. And twinkling lights.
- The most hilarious animal name you can think of?
At the moment, the Blue-footed Booby and Dumbo Octopus comes to mind. The latter is more cute than anything else.
- Spots or stripes?
I like spots although I prefer wearing stripes.
- Half-full or half-empty? Explain.
I don’t know… I think I see life and many situations as half-full because I’m a hopeful person. At the same time, I’ve been called a ‘debbie downer’ by at least one person when I thought I was being more of a realist.
- Favorite historical fact?
JESUS again. Basically his flesh-and-bone existence on earth.
- If you were fabulously wealthy, and had already solved world hunger, ensured the adoption of all orphans, etc. and still had more money than you can imagine to burn, what would you do? (Hint: I would stage proper movie adaptations of all of Jane Austen’s novels)
Welllll, after all my loans are paid off, I would travel and buy or build homes scattered all over the world for my family, friends, and progeny to stay at when they travel(I would probably have locals take care of them in my absence). I would also construct a gorgeous library and collect rare or special editions of all my favorite books and artworks. Lush public and private botanical gardens and giant aviaries would add a nice touch too I’d think.
- Favorite time period style?
I’m afraid I don’t know enough about styles throughout the ages to even think about forming a favorite. In terms of clothes, I like contemporary fashion that is both cute and comfortable. Does that count??
- Favorite author?
Noooo! That is impossible to answer, seriously. My brain literally goes blank for awhile when I’m asked this question. I’ve particularly enjoyed the works of Sharon Creech, J.K. Rowling(but I’ve only read her Harry Potter related books), Mark Twain, Paul Stewart, C.S. Lewis, and Roald Dahl.
- Why do you blog?
Because I want to be famous, duh! Actually because I like to write and share without forcing anyone to listen to my ramblings and stories.
I’ve undoubtedly revealed a lot more about myself in this one post than all my past posts combined! And now, it is time. I nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster award:
in the meh. out the meh. beyond the meh
Should they choose to accept, they must do the checklist too! And the questions 11 questions I have for them are:
- If you discovered a star, what would you name it?
- What is your favorite mythological animal? Why?
- Is life more black and white or more is it gray-scale?
- If you could go back in time and visit your past self for a day just to get to know yourself (without revealing yourself or trying to change who you were), how old would you be and what would you do in your visit?
- What is one thing you’ve done or accomplished that you are proud of?
- Which fictional character either do you resonate with the most?
- If you could have one ability that humans don’t have but some real animals have, what would it be?
- What is a recurring nightmare you used to have or have now?
- Which is your favorite season? Why?
- Celebrity crush?
- Where is one place you want to deeply explore that you’ve never been before?
And that’s it!
Thanks again dear rathermundane for nominating me!
*The picture is not mine.